Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Posted by Amy at 12:01 AM
Monday, July 28, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
I made this broccoli salad last week and was reminded again of how something so simple can taste sooo good. To make this even easier, I sometimes use the precooked bacon.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
In a small bowl (or large measuring cup) combine the following:
Monday, July 14, 2008
MONDAY: *new recipe* Stephanie's Crockpot Peppercorn Steak & roasted potatoes
TUESDAY: eating out with friends to celebrate their new baby :) (We're ordering pizza at their house- I offered to bring dinner, but they want to treat us, so pizza it is!)
WEDNESDAY: birthday party/ cookout for my mom's 60th birthday ~ I'm bringing this yummy broccoli salad.
THURSDAY: Crockpot Hash Brown Casserole with ham added in, peas
FRIDAY: hamburgers with all the fixings & french fries
See? I told you it was an easy week- I feel like I'll hardly be cooking at all! I would like to take a cake or another baked good to our friends' house on Tuesday night~ since baking is not my forte, I'm open for any/ all suggestions!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
- use it in any casseroles that call for cooked ground beef
- warm it in a saucepan before stirring in spaghetti sauce for use on pasta (For a really fast meal, a store-bought jarred sauce is great. If I have a little more time, I like this stovetop recipe.)
- warm it in a skillet with brown gravy to serve over mashed potatoes
- layer it in a crockpot for Crockpot Pizza
Monday, July 7, 2008
- MONDAY: Spaghetti with my favorite homemade meat sauce, garlic bread, green beans
- TUESDAY: broccoli-chicken casserole with our favorite cornbread (Cornbread recipe is in the post before this one.)
- WEDNESDAY: my mom's crockpot BBQ Ribs, mini ears of corn on the cob
3-5 lbs boneless spare ribs
1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce (we like Kroger's spicy sauce)
salt & pepper, to taste
- THURSDAY: Crockpot Salsa Sour Cream Chicken, rice, stewed tomatoes
- FRIDAY: frozen dinner or take-out
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
1 tsp dried minced onion
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 small can creamed corn (8.5oz, or half of a regular sized can)