Sunday, August 31, 2008
Sunday, August 24, 2008
I have a feeling this week is going to pass by in one quick blur. I'm working four days and I have a couple of medical appointments, DD has soccer, and DH has several hours of overtime scheduled. In between all of that, we have to find time to eat! :)
- MONDAY: beef enchiladas (using crockpot beef machaca), stewed tomatoes, refried beans
- TUESDAY:Italian Subs, potato salad, baby carrots & dip
- WEDNESDAY: sliced turkey & gravy (frozen entree), stuffing, peas
- THURSDAY: BBQ ribs in the crockpot, mini ears of corn on the cob
- FRIDAY: crockpot pizza casserole
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Last week, as I mentioned, I tried an experiment in the crockpot. It worked out really well, and I'll definitely be making it again. My 2 year-old ate two helpings. And the best part? It was SO easy!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Monday, August 4, 2008
- MONDAY: an experiment with chicken in my crockpot- if it works I'll blog the recipe later :)
- TUESDAY: Sausage Melts, potato wedges, cherry tomatoes
- WEDNESDAY: Mom's recipe for BBQ Ribs in Crockpot, mini ears of corn on the cob
- THURSDAY: Easy & Delicious Chicken in crockpot, over pasta, with green beans
- FRIDAY: Beef & Vegetables Stir-Fry
3-5 lbs boneless spare ribs
1 bottle favorite BBQ sauce (we like the spicy Kroger brand)
salt & pepper, to taste
Place ribs in crockpot, season to taste. Cook on low all day (do not add any liquids). About an hour before serving time, drain liquid that has accumulated, and pour in BBQ sauce.
This is my family's favorite way to have ribs-- so easy and tasty!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
I served these tonight with some Stovetop Stuffing and steamed broccoli, and had the whole meal on the table in about twenty minutes. I rarely fry things, but once in a while we like chicken or pork chops breaded and fried. Quick & easy- that's my kind of meal!