- MONDAY: Our favorite bean dip, tortilla chips, grape tomatoes, and *new recipe* mushroom and chicken quesadillas.
- TUESDAY: I'm experimenting with this *new* Sour Cream Burgers recipe, making them oval shaped to fit some sub buns I need to use up. I'll saute some onions and peppers to go on them, and serve with a side salad.
- WEDNESDAY: We'll have our favorite snack foods for supper- the kids are getting excited about our "party" (just the four of us at home). :) So far the menu includes our favorite layered taco dip, pigs in a blanket, and meatballs.
- THURSDAY: I'll make ribs and sour kraut in the crockpot for DH and the kids. I can't stand sour kraut, so I'll likely make myself some of my favorite potato soup.
- FRIDAY: to be decided.... likely something in the crockpot!
Monday, December 29, 2008
I made this Pineapple Blue Cheese Dip for a party on Saturday and it was well received. I doubled the recipe (using slightly more blue cheese and green onions than the recipe called for) to make enough to fill the pineapple, and served it with Ritz crackers.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
I made a batch of these to go in gift baskets and tuck in with a few other little gifts. I've made them several times, so my measurements here are estimated as I just kind of go by feel.
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Want to make some quick and easy treats to round out your dessert trays? Try this:
P.S. The Oreos I made tonight (photo above) were dipped in red vanilla flavored wafers. I like how they turned out... we'll see what everyone else thinks!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
I usually do sugar cookies and fudge at Christmas, and after that, it varies year-to-year. I'd like to get some things baked up and frozen so I won't be so stressed right before the numerous Christmas parties we'll be attending Christmas week. I'm surfing for some new recipes to try, but would love to hear from you if you've got a tried and true one to share!
Posted by Amy at 2:19 PM