*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Secret Ingredient Tuesday- potatoes

potatoes


I found a fun food meme-- Secret Ingredient Tuesday-- but it looks like it hasn't been updates in a while, so I don't know if it's still going or not. The mission each week is to post five recipes with the secret ingredient. I'll go ahead and play along with the last posted secret ingredient, which is POTATOES.... one of my favorite foods!

Some of my favorite potato dishes:
~The recipe I always use for homemade baked fries: Cajun Roast Potatoes
~An easy side dish: Parslied Potatoes: Cube desired amount of potatoes and boil on stovetop until tender. Drain and immediately stir in one-half to a full stick of butter. Sprinkle generously with dried parsley. Stir and serve hot.
Another favorite potato dish is Ranch Potatoes- I've made this one so often that I know the recipe by heart. :)

RANCH POTATOES
4-6 baking potatoes, sliced
1 large onion, diced
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 small bottle ranch salad dressing

Place potatoes and onion slices in a large pot, cover with water, and boil until tender. Drain water. In a round glass casserole dish layer about half of the potatoes/onions, cover with a thin layer of ranch dressing, then a layer of cheese. Repeat layers, ending with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Sometimes I also garnish the top with dried chives.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Mmmm, those all sound really good! Thanks for sharing.