*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Monday, April 14, 2008

My Red Smashed Potatoes

This is how I make 'em.... and all measurements are approximate, because I never really measure anything. ;)

AMY'S RED SMASHED POTATOES
1/2 bag red potatoes
1/2 stick of butter
1 onion, chopped
a generous splash of milk (maybe half a cup)
1 large handful of shredded cheddar cheese (maybe a cup or so)
2-3 TBSP dried parsley (or sometimes I use green onions if I have them)

Wash potatoes and cut into halves or quarters (don't peel). Place potatoes and onions in a large pot with water to cover. Boil under potatoes are fork-tender and drain well. Add in milk and butter, stir. With large spoon or potato masher, mash about half of the potatoes, leaving the rest in large chunks. Stir in cheese and parsley, serve and enjoy!


No comments: