*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Diabetic sources?

Last week my five year-old daughter was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. She will be insulin dependent for the rest of her life.

Luckily, in this day and age, the dietary recommendations from her team of health care professionals are pretty simple: count carbs. We don't have to limit what she eats, we just have to count every bite. So, my husband and I have been taking a crash course this week in carb counting-- we probably looked like crazy people in the grocery store, reading package after package, trying to get a feel for how many carbs various things contain.

I have the "Calorie King" book and I've Googled countless food and diabetic websites, but if you know of a specific resource I should check out, I'd be grateful for your help.

No comments: