*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Friday, October 3, 2008

Soup's On ~ Recipe Swap

Life as Mom did a recipe swap yesterday for soup recipes. I'm a day late, but I'm sharing one anyway because I love soups. I love a lot of different kinds- potato, french onion, and broccoli cheddar are some of my favorites. Here's one I make regularly- I've shared this recipe before, but, it's one that we all love and I think it's worth sharing again! :)

Amy's I-Don't-Feel-Like-Cooking Version of Tortilla Soup:
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 1 can cheddar cheese soup
  • 1 can diced tomatoes/ chili peppers (AKA:Rotel- but I buy the store brand)
  • 1/2 cup salsa (guess-timated amount)~
  • 1/2 onion, chopped
  • several shakes of dried cilantro
  • two shakes of chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 large can precooked, chopped chicken or turkey

Put that all together in a crockpot and let it simmer on low for a couple of hours. I usually do this around lunchtime and serve it for supper, so it probably cooks around 3-4 hours. Top it with shredded cheddar cheese and crushed tortilla chips.... yum!


Check out Life as Mom for more great soup recipes!

No comments: