*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Dipped Oreos


Want to make some quick and easy treats to round out your dessert trays? Try this:



DIPPED OREOS
1 lb bag of chocolate melting wafers (found in the candy-making section)
1-2 packages of oreos
Melt the wafers per directions in a double boiler or microwave. I like to do small batches in a juice glass in my microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so. The small but deep glass is easiest for me to work with- I've found that a regular bowl or cup spreads the chocolate out too thin for me to quickly dip in. Take each Oreo and dip it in the chocolate, then place it on foil or waxed paper to dry. You'll have to work quickly, as the wafers cool and set up pretty quick. Cool and enjoy!

P.S. The Oreos I made tonight (photo above) were dipped in red vanilla flavored wafers. I like how they turned out... we'll see what everyone else thinks!

No comments: