*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Monday, July 23, 2007

If we only had a grill...

I'd love to be grilling up a bunch of brats... ok, and some burgers for my husband... and oh, yes, don't forget the grilled corn-on-the-cob!


We don't have a grill... we left our last one at the old house because it was too rusty difficult to move. I keep hoping to find a good deal on a new one, though... that seems reasonable with end of season sales, right?

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a yummy method of grilling potatoes that I learned from my parents. Take a baking potato and cut several slices width-wise, but don't cut completely through the potato... leave about half an inch or so attached at the bottom. In between the potato slices, place pats of butter and big slices of onion. Wrap in foil and grill until potato is tender.... yummy!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't wait too long for those end of summer sales. I remember doing that one year--in Texas no less where it's grilling season year round!--and I had a hard time finding one.

Sharon said...

Sounds yummy!