*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ramen Tuna Casserole for One

I enjoy tuna, my DH does not, therefore you won't see tuna on my menu very often. However, since Jenn at Frugal Upstate is hosting this great frugal food series, I couldn't resist adding in one of the cheapest and easiest recipes I know using this week's ingredient of tuna: tuna casserole for one. I actually can share this for lunch with my two small children and it makes enough for the three of us, all for about one dollar. It doesn't get much more frugal than that!
Quick Ramen Tuna Casserole for One
one block chicken flavored ramen noodles & flavor packet
one small can tuna, drained
one and a half cups water
3 TBSP grated Parmasean cheese
1 tsp. margarine
to taste: garlic pepper, parsley
Break up noodles and cook per directions. Stir in remaining ingredients and enjoy!
And in the spirit of giving proper credit where it's due, I got the original recipe here. What I've typed above is my version of the original.

No comments: