*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Menu Plan, sorta

Menu Plan Monday

SUNDAY: We had this *new recipe* Season's Crockpot Chicken and Rice Soup (approx. 5pts per serving) and really liked it. It was warm comfort food- just what I needed.


Well, it's Sunday night as I'm posting this, and my schedule for the week has just taken an sudden turn. My dad is unexpectedly in the hospital (your prayers would be appreciated) and having an unplanned surgery sometime this week. This week will likely become a blur of running back & forth to the hospital and then running home to get quick meals.


So, I'm doing something I never do-- simply making a list of quick meals that can be made without much effort, based on what's in the house already:

  • Turkey roll-ups (tortillas, turkey cold meat, cheese, ranch dressing), chips
  • Breakfast for supper: eggs, hash brown potatoes, toast
  • 7-layer taco dip and my "Hot Soup"~ (Combine 1 can each in saucepan and heat through: chicken rice soup, canned chicken, diced tomatoes, cream of mushroom soup, diced green chili peppers, and chicken broth. Season to taste with red pepper, dried minced onion, etc. Sprinkle shredded cheese and/or croutons in each bowl for serving.)
  • Grilled cheese sandwiches and this yummy tomato-basil soup
  • Baked chicken fingers, instant mashed potatoes, veggies

That's all I can think of off the top of my head (tommorow was supposed to be grocery day), but it will do for now.


As I said above, your prayers would be appreciated! I know that's a strange thing to be posting here on my cooking blog, but that's OK... any extra prayers will help!


Head on over to I'm An Organizing Junkie to share your menu

or see what others are eating this week!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Amy, I'm sorry to hear about your dad! I will pray. Prayers right now!

And hey, that's an impressive menu still, especially last minute with what you have in the house!

Nicole said...

I hope your Dad gets well soon!!

Great menu, have a good week!