*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Bacon Biscuit Puffs

These always go over well at parties. I served them yesterday at my Stampin' Up party and had several requests for the recipe, so I thought I'd share it here.

BACON BISCUIT PUFFS
*You will need mini muffin pans.

1-2 tubes flaky layers biscuits
2 cups shredded swiss cheese
1/2 cup mayo (I always use fat-free.)
2 TBSP sugar
5 drops hot sauce (I use whatever's on hand- buffalo sauce, red hot sauce, etc.)
8 slices cooked, crumbled bacon (I use precooked bacon crumbles.)
1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped onion (I have used both yellow and green onions, either one works.)
1/2 TBSP garlic powder

Spray mini muffin pans with cooking spray. Peel the biscuit layers apart- I usually get two or three from each biscuit. Place each biscuit piece in a muffin pan and gently press down the center. Combine remaining ingredients to make filling. Place a spoonfull of filling into the center of each biscuit. Bake at 375 for 8-11 minutes, or until biscuits are golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.

Note: I usually have more biscuits and filling than will fit into my two mini muffin pans. We like to save these, and make full-sized biscuit versions the next morning for breakfast. :)


No comments: