*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Crockpot Pepper Steak

This was a new recipe on our menu this week, and it was SO good! :) It's definitely a keeper. I'm posting the original recipe (copied from the forums at Boot Camp Buddies- posted by Jacque at this link) along with my notes in red... you know I can't ever follow a recipe the way it's written, LOL! :)

SO-EASY CROCKPOT PEPPER STEAK

2 lbs round steak, cut into strips or cubes (I had one pound of meat, and left the 4 small round steaks whole rather than chopping them up.)
Salt & Pepper
1 14.5oz can Italian Diced Tomatoes (mine were plain)
1 6oz can Tomato Paste (I used 8oz tomato sauce)
1 tbs Hot Sauce (I left this out for the kids... DH spiced his plate up with fresh hot chilis)
16oz bag frozen pepper & onion mix (sometimes called Fajita mix)
Italian seasoning, to taste-- as suggested by the original poster-- I just sprinkled some after the sauce layer.

Put the meat in the bottom of the slow cooker, sprinkle with salt & pepper. In a bowl, mix together diced tomatoes, tomato paste and hot sauce. (I didn't mix anything, just poured it all in the crockpot one on top of another.) Pour over meat. Place frozen vegetables on top. Cover and cook on Low for approx. 8 hours. Mix together and serve over noodles or rice, or your choice. (I had wild rice.)

Divided into 6 servings, would be approx. 6 points, plus noodles or rice. Jacque used 1lb and got 4 servings for 5 points. (I used 1lb of meat also, assuming 5 points per serving.)


This one will definitely be repeated in our house... very tasty and simple, especially for being such a low-points recipe!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh this sounds delicious. I want some. NOW. lol. I love steak. We hardly ever buy it. (not enough self-control w/ portions...just like chocolate!)