*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Menu Plan Monday 10/1

As usual, I've done my menu planning on Sunday, so I'm posting this a little bit early! :)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


NOTES FROM LAST WEEK: It was a good week in my kitchen- all the new recipes I tried were good! :) The Oriental Baked Chicken and Beef Meximelts were both wonderful. The Flaky Chicken Wraps were good- I was surprised at how much flavor they had with so few ingredients.


I didn't do all the Weight Watchers points this week as I'm still trying to clear out some of the pantry and freezer, and 99% of these meals come from there. So, until I use up what we've got on hand, I'll have to just watch my portion control.

  • SUNDAY: kielbasa , corn, parslied noodles
  • MONDAY: meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
  • TUESDAY: new recipe: Quick Chicken Divan (Thanks for the recipe, Barb!) and biscuits. This meal was held over from last week-- we wound up eating out one night.
  • WEDNESDAY (soccer night): Ham Steaks, Peas, & new recipe Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Stewed Tomatoes
  • THURSDAY: family favorite: my Mom's Crockpot BBQ Ribs, with mini ears of corn on the cob and sugar-free applesauce
  • FRIDAY: family favorite: crockpot Chicken for the Gods with wild rice and steamed broccoli
  • SATURDAY: I always leave Saturday open for meals we skipped during the week.

Head on over to I'm An Organizing Junkie to share your menu or see what others are eating this week!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket My blog is PINK for Breast Cancer Awareness month!

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Glad to see you've gone pink this month! I'm planning on switching over to pink later today!

I'm so glad I came here... I NEVER know what to do with kielbasa. I always think I need to have a recipe. I NEVER thought to just eat it plain with veggies and pasta!

...And mmm ribs... always trying new ways to prepare these. I haven't found my perfect recipe yet! :)

Judi said...

Im curious to see how the Chicken for the God's recipe turns out...only one good rating? It looks good though.

Kimi said...

i had a quick question on the ribs. do you not put anything in with the ribs at first? oh, and to you cut them up? please let me know, i'd like to try these out on my hubby when he gets back from the field.
Also, I have this great kielbasa recipe, made with potatoes, keilbasa, onion, cabbage and essence of emeril. I'll have to post it for you.