*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Saturday, August 4, 2007

Hamburgers, my way

It seems to me that everyone has their own way of making hamburgers at home, and everyone thinks that their way is the best. Here's how I make mine- this recipe has developed over the years, but I'm pretty consistant with it now. They have just a little spice to them, but even our four year-old enjoys them.
Amy's Hamburgers
  • 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
  • a large handful of rolled oats (added in to stretch the meat and to sneak some more oatmeal into the diet of someone in my house)
  • an envelope of onion soup mix
  • a 4oz can of diced green chili peppers
  • an egg (not always used, depends on how the patties hold together)

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and form into patties. (I usually get about six to eight patties, or four if I make them huge!) Grill or pan-fry as desired.

I like to top mine with steak sauce and sharp cheddar cheese, and sometimes some sauted onions.


I've published this recipe over on RecipeZaar, and it's gotten good reviews there. If you'd like an easy-to-print version.... not to mention a version with more specific measurements, LOL.... just click here. Yes, I'm Chef AmyMCGS over on 'Zaar. :)

No comments: