*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tamale Pie

For some crazy reason, my Tamale Pie recipe keeps getting reduced down to a microscopic font in my Menu Plan Monday post. It looks normal in my draft mode, but when I publish the post it's too tiny to see. I'm copying it here so you can read it!

Tamale Pie
1 lb ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped (I leave this out sometimes)
1 14 oz can tomatoes (I use Rotel if I have it on hand)
2 tsp chili powder
7oz package cornbread mix
1 can corn
1/3 cup milk
2 cups shredded cheddar (or a Mexican blend)

Brown beef with onion and peppers, drain well. Add tomatoes and chili powder. Simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into a 2-quart casserole (I use a glass pie plate). In a bowl, stir together the cornbread mix, milk, and corn. Spoon over the meat mixture and sprinkle top with cheese. Bake uncovered in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Makes 4-8 servings.

2 comments:

Jen@BigBinder said...

I love this recipe! Thanks for sharing it. I like both of your blogs, thanks for stopping by mine today, I'm glad I found your blogs!

Thistlemoon said...

Tamale pie sounds really like comfort food to me! Wonderful!

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!