*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Menu Plan Monday 8/13

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Notes from last week: It was a rough week in my kitchen! On Tuesday I had a bad night with my sausage gravy (it was just plain bad- don't know what I did wrong) and an even worse time with the biscuits-- the whole meal had to be tossed! And then, I wound up not making that new roast recipe until Saturday, and I really did not like the flavor of it at all. I can't remember the last time I've had two total flops in one week!

I'm planning on several favorites this week... all the main dishes are tried and true. :) I've calculated Weight Watchers points, although some are estimates. I try to stay at or under 12 points for supper.


SUNDAY: My world-famous (ha ha) chicken enchiladas (estimated 8pts), stewed tomatoes (0pts)

MONDAY: Tamale Pie (estimated 8pts) and rice (3pts) (EDITED TO ADD: This recipe keeps going down to a microscopic font when I hit the "publish" button... I have no idea why! I posted the recipe again in the entry after this one so you can actually read it!)

Tamale Pie

  • 1 lb ground beef
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 green pepper, chopped (I leave this out sometimes)
  • 1 14 oz can tomatoes (I use Rotel if I have it on hand)
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 7oz package cornbread mix
  • 1 can corn
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar (I used a Mexican blend)

Brown beef with onion and peppers, drain well. Add tomatoes and chili powder. Simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into a 2-quart casserole (I use a glass pie plate). In a bowl, stir together the cornbread mix, milk, and corn. Spoon over the meat mixture and sprinkle top with cheese. Bake uncovered in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Makes 4-8 servings.

TUESDAY: Low-fat Italian Chicken & Veggie Packets (6.3pts) with alphabet pasta (3pts) This meal was held over from last week-- we wound up getting pizza one night.


WEDNESDAY: Breakfast for supper: corned beef hash (9pts) and eggs (2pts each). I might make omelettes or eggs-in-the-hole... or maybe some cinnamon rolls... we'll see what everyone's in the mood for!


THURSDAY: Another family favorite: my Mom's Crockpot BBQ Ribs, with mini ears of corn on the cob (2pts) and sugar-free applesauce (1pt)

FRIDAY: kielbasa (5pts), german potato salad (2pts), peas & onions (2pts)

Head on over to I'm An Organizing Junkie
to share your menu or see what others are eating this week!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum to the ribs in the crockpot !! yum. Have a wonderful week.

Barbara said...

I followed you back from my blog. You must be from Cincinnati? That's where I'm from originally and still have lots of family there (you probably noticed the Skyline on my menu). I'm in central Ohio ( a suburb of Columbus). I have seen the collection of menus at Organizing Junkie, but there are so many I never checked it out. I really publish my menus more for myself and for those who like to see what I have planned for Feast Days. Thanks for bookmarking me. I'll do the same!

PS The font for your original Tamale Pie looks fine to me (it's actually larger than the last one) -- it must be on your end.

Renee said...

Great menu plan! We'll be trying the tamalie pie; it's one of my hubby's favorites. Have a great week.