*** This cooking blog is being maintained as a recipe archive for now. For current posts, please visit my main blog, Tiny Blessings! ***

Monday, August 20, 2007

Menu Plan Monday 8/20

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Notes from last week: I learned that Tamale Pie does not come out as well if you cook the hamburger mixture the day before and refridgerate it... I think it probably needs to be hot to help cook the cornbread topping. I also learned that my very picky one year-old son will eat hot German potato salad... go figure! :)

You'll notice that everything this week is made with ground beef or chicken breasts-- that's all I have on hand. Oh, that and one pack of ribs. Of course we could easily eat those all week, but we like to have a little more variety-- so this plan may change, based on what I find on sale at the grocery store this morning.

SUNDAY: We had a new recipe: Creamy Burrito Casserole and corn. The casserole was good once we spiced it up with some hot sauce and jalapenos, and I'd probably make it again.

MONDAY: new recipe: Crockpot Creamy Ranch Potatoes and Chicken (4pts) with steamed broccoli (0pts)

TUESDAY: family favorite: Deep-Dish Pizza Casserole and tossed salad

WEDNESDAY: Chicken for the Gods (see right sidebar for recipe) with wild rice and steamed squash blend

THURSDAY: Another family favorite: my Mom's Crockpot BBQ Ribs (see right sidebar for recipe), with mini ears of corn on the cob (2pts) and sugar-free applesauce (1pt) This meal was held over from last week.

FRIDAY: broiled pork chops, augratin potatoes, peas

Head on over to I'm An Organizing Junkie to share your menu

or see what others are eating this week!



6 comments:

Marcia Francois said...

Your menu looks delicious and I like the way you say what went well and what not :)

The augratin potatoes sound delicious - I haven't had them for years!

Organising queen and
Take charge blogs

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That creamy ranch potatoes & chicken sure sounded good!
Thanks for sharing your menu and your reviews of the recipes you tried!
Barb's Fridge
SFO Mom

Anonymous said...

what a delicious sounding week!! Have a great Monday.

Melissa said...

The pizza looks good - I will have to try that one. Have a good week!

penguinsandladybugs said...

I think my kids might even like the creamy ranch potatoes and chicken! thanks!!

Sharon said...

Oh! How did you like the creamy ranch potatoes & chicken? We always love that over here. Hmm. I think we'll have it again soon. ;)

Each meal looks so good.
Sorry I've been negligent! I'm still palying catch up from 3 weeks of business!